Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mini Produce Bag #1

I'm finally back on the wagon of getting weekly produce bags! I've been hitting the weekly farmers market here on Sundays, where I have been buying big, juicy cherries, salad greens, and berries. I wanted to be exposed to more variety, so when Tiny's Organic came up on groupon, I quickly jumped at the chance to give them a try. They had been on my short list of local CSAs, so a three week mini-bag was the perfect trial.

I picked up my first bag after work tonight, and I could not believe the heft of this so-called "mini-bag." This produce bag kicks butt compared to the CSA's in Chicago! We received purple basil, 15 lemon cucumbers, 4 honey blaze nectarines, 6 pluots, a bag full of cherries, 10 donut peaches, oh my! I've never even seen or had lemon cucumbers, which are an heirloom variety. They were deliciously refreshing, crisp, and easy to disgest with a thin skin.  Isn't the box of donut peaches adorable? I can't wait to see what is in store for us next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment