Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Aaron!

With the move out to Seattle, I won't be able to bring all my kitchen goodies with me, including my beloved Kitchen Aid mixer. I'm definitely going to miss having homemade ice cream and homebaked goods while out there, but I'm hoping to eat more healthful by enjoying the abundantly fresh seafood and produce instead. 

For my last baked good using the Kitchen Aid mixer, I baked Aaron's birthday cake - the Grasshopper Cake from Baked: New Frontiers in BakingThe grasshopper cake is made of three layers of rich chocolate cake filled with mint chocolate ganache and mint frosting.  I normally don't like cold cake, but when eaten straight out of the fridge after the first day this cake had the refreshing qualities of Aaron's favorite ice cream flavors: mint chocolate chip. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Would love, love a slice! Do you ship leftovers? =) You are a fabulous baker, Christina. Best of luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete