Saturday, June 9, 2012

Artizone

A new delivery service launched in Chicago earlier this year: Artizone. I've never used grocery delivery services like Peapod before, so I didn't really know what to expect. I saw that there was a special coupon to buy a $120 gift certificate for only $65. Given the list of stores using Artizone, I leapt at the deal. I really liked that Artizone gathered groceries from local artisans and specialty businesses. With my impending departure from Chicago, I had to use the deal soon before it expired. 

I was really pleased with the transaction. My order arrived in two large coolers - one for shelf stable items, and another for cold items. My delivery person unpacked it all for me when he came upstairs. He was very gracious to Bailey's inquisitive excitement. 


Each store had their own separate boxes, which can be returned to Artizone with your next delivery. The items were in perfect condition - no broken or cracked eggs, perfect avocados, gorgeous lean strip steak.  As a token of gratitude, Artizone gifted me a packet of grilling rub from the Spice  House! It was such a pleasant surprise. I received two follow up calls to ensure that I was happy with products and service.


I would highly recommend this service to those within the delivery area of Artizone. It's a great time saver, and they are constantly adding new suppliers.  I'm looking forward to using their service again when I return to Chicago in December.



Here is what I purchased: 
Hagan Fish Market: Spruce Point Smoked Atlantic Salmon
Gepperth's Meat Market: Black Angus New York Strip and Beef Brisket
Pasta Puttana - Golden Egg pasta
Green Grocer: avocados, heavy cream, half and half, organic eggs
The Spice House: Pickling spice and curry powder
Hendrickx Belgian Bakery: 3 Croissants - Chocolate, almond, and pistachio
Italian Superior Bakery: frozen dough balls


Here's a picture of the brisket that Aaron smoked.
More pictures and posts to come of what else we cooked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment