Monday, May 7, 2012

A year ago today...

I started this blog as a creative outlet from my day job and to hold myself accountable to using the contents of our weekly produce share. I was a newlywed, and I wanted us to eat healthier and seasonally by incorporating more produce into our diets. Admittedly, I am not sure what will come of this blog as time goes on. I am disappointed that I have not been able to blog as frequently as I would like, but I'd like that to change with the bounty of summer around the corner. I hope I can continue challenging myself in the kitchen to try new recipes, flavors, and techniques.

Today, I'm finally posting pictures from our deliciously memorable meal at goosefoot. Not only was the food gorgeous eye candy, but it was also my most enjoyable restaurant meal in recent memory. Service was smooth and professional but personable. We were given our menus as a souvenir because it was printed on planting seed paper!

lobster/scallop/hubbard squash/licorice root/curry

 sunchoke soup/potato/shrimp/truffle essence

 loup de mer/meyer lemon/leek/tapioca pearls

roasted quail/spiced beluga lentils/ginger/compressed apple

angus beef/heirloom carrots/goosefoot/cumin/shallot jus
pleasant ridge reserve/celery-truffle caponata/almond
 
palate cleanser: beet, yuzu, pomegranate, tonic
passion fruit/coconut/lime/vanilla cremeux

chocolate/sea beans/orange/mulled wine

gooseberry dipped in chocolate and chopped hazelnuts

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It's been great to reconnect here - I love reading your aventures outside and in the kitchen. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete