Sunday, November 27, 2011

Zuni Roast Chicken

Several months ago, I had purchased a groupon for the Amish Healthy Foods. I already knew that I would be purchasing a chicken from them specifically for Zuni Cafe's Roast Chicken with bread salad. This recipe takes up several pages in the cookbook, which seems quite intimidating, but in the end, it was definitely manageable for a weeknight meal.

We have fond memories of this special chicken during our trip to San Francisco two and a half years ago. I'm happy to say that we were able to recreate it successfully at home. By drying and salting the chicken two days in advance, the resulting skin was crispy and flavorful; the chicken was moist and succulent. I love the subtle tang of white wine vinegar for this salad dressing contrasted by the sweetness of the dried currants.


No comments:

Post a Comment