Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sweet Ride

A couple of weeks ago, A pleasantly surprised me with a long narrow, kraft box on the kitchen counter. I initially thought it might be a necklace I had mentioned, but it ended up being 3 mini cupcakes from the Sweet Ride. The Sweet Ride had parked its cute vehicle near A's office after work one night. He knows how much I love surprises and chocolate! The box was for chocolate lovers: 2 chocolate cupcakes - 1 with vanilla frosting, another with chocolate frosting, and a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. While I found the chocolate cake itself to be rather dry, the frosting was light and not overly sweet, the way I like it. Meanwhile, this was my first red velvet cake that I could appreciate. I never understood people's fascination with red velvet, but the Sweet Ride changed my mind because the cake was light, fluffy, and moist. 


More recently, I saw that the Sweet Ride tweeted about being a couple of blocks away from my office during lunch hour. Having to go out for a quick errand on a cold and windy fall day, I made a quick detour back to the office for another sampling from the Sweet Ride. Caramel is a very close second favorite to chocolate, so I opted to order the salted caramel cupcake. I loved that the caramel cake was moist and filled with homemade caramel. It was then topped with buttercream frosting and finished with more caramel drizzled on top. I often see caramel paired with chocolate, but sometimes chocolate can overwhelm the wonders of caramel. If you're in the vicinity of the Sweet Ride, I encourage you to give their red velvet or caramel cupcake a try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment