Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Baked Oatmeal: Fall

Let's be honest here, I am not a morning person. I really have to make an effort to get to work before 8:30. I struggle to have time in the morning for breakfast at home. I've had to resort to bringing breakfast to work with me. Cereal was an easy standby for me especially since my previous office provided milk for the coffee drinkers. I have this handy container to bring the milk and cereal with me, but I find that the milk leaks very easily.

I remembered the baked oatmeal that I made earlier this spring with fresh summer berries. With fall settling in, I decided to make a fall version by using maple syrup, walnuts, pumpkin pie spice, apples (1 fuji, diced), cranberries (1 cup frozen), and pumpkin (1/2 cup canned puree). If you're not an oatmeal fan, I think this will convert you into an oatmeal lover. It's hard to imagine that this pudding like treat is a healthy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment