Monday, November 7, 2011

527 Cafe, Evanston

I hold a very special place in my heart for Evanston after living there for four years during my time as a student at Northwestern University. The beauty of the campus never ceases to amaze me, especially as the fall leaves start changing colors. Not only is Evanston a great college town situated on Lake Michigan just north of Chicago, it's also a culinary destination. 

The dining scene changes from time to time, and it's always been wonderfully diverse. I remembered enjoying my first falafel as a college student at Olive Mountain. One of the more recent additions to Evanston is 527 Cafe, specializing in Taiwanese cuisine. My parents and I enjoyed a weekend lunch recently, in which there are some additional weekend specials on the menu. We enjoyed Korean Tacos, kimchi beef fried rice, pork chop with rice, and a salty rice roll. My personal favorite was the pork chop with rice. Everything was delicious, and I am looking forward to returning and bringing A along to try more items. 


No comments:

Post a Comment