Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tomato cobbler

It's tomato week around our household as their summer season winds down. I picked up these gorgeous and colorful cherry tomatoes at the Logan Square Farmers Market last Sunday.

I had seen Martha Stewart's Tomato Cobbler all over the blogosphere. Having had a good experience with baking tomatoes in this dish, I knew this would be a hit as well! Some of the cherry tomatoes popped while baking, which created a wonderful sauce. The added heat enhanced the tomatoes, which was complemented by the flavorful caramelized onions. I was a little worried about the biscuit topping since it was really sticky and did not really resemble any other biscuit topping I had made before. My worry was put to rest when I bit into the crispy outside and fluffy interior of the buttery and cheesey biscuit that was rich but light. It was so good to soak up the tomato juices. If you can get your hands on the last cherry tomatoes of the season, I urge you to make this. You won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment