Monday, September 12, 2011

Bay Area Coffee

While A is a coffee addict, I didn't learn to start drinking coffee until the past year. Once we got married, A upgraded from a French Press to the handmade Technivorm Moccamaster. Given how much he used to spend on coffee each day, this trusty coffee maker has easily paid for itself. I was surprised to learn that such a strong coffee culture had emerged in San Francisco. I didn't really notice it on prior visits since I wasn't drinking coffee yet. Here are some pictures of some popular coffee spots that we hit. The only one missing from my portfolio is Philz Coffee. A always ordered a drip coffee, which are made to order, and I ordered the cafe au lait or the latte.


 Ritual Roasters

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, that is a serious coffeemaker you guys have. We have been meaning to upgrade from our Cuisinart but it won't break on us. It's actually pretty trusty but just doesn't hold enough beans for the strong coffee we love. Glad A introduced you to the wonderful world of coffee!

    When in San Fran, I absolutely loved the Blue Bottle Coffee experience! Did you go to the Farmers Market out there by the Ferry Plaza? I could see you having a blast there!

    ReplyDelete