Friday, July 29, 2011

Vegetable Tian

I love zucchini, and so naturally, I was thrilled to receive them in our CSA. Even better, I had some leftover Yukon Gold potatoes and fresh thyme from previous recipes. This created the perfect opportunity to make Barefoot Contessa's vegetable tian. I love Ina Garten. Her recipes are wholesome, natural, and never disappoint. 

The beauty of this recipe is its flexibility. I didn't weigh out any of my vegetables and used a 9" round pie plate. I ended up using the bulbs from one bunch of spring onions, 1 zucchini, 1 yellow summer squash, 2 small Yukon gold potatoes, and 1 tomato on the vine. I used pecorino instead of gruyere, and it created a wonderfully crisp topping. The fresh thyme is beautifully fragrant and pairs well with the mix of summer squash, tomatoes, and potatoes. I highly recommend this recipe as a side for your summer barbeque.

No comments:

Post a Comment