Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CSA Weeks 5 & 6

To my handful of readers, I apologize for the lack of posting lately. We were in Montreal for the long weekend, and when I returned I had a client meeting all day followed by the Dispatch concert at Millenium Park. Needless to say, I am exhausted! I have plenty to post recapping the highlights of our trip, and A's birthday is on Friday, so there will be plenty of culinary delights! 

CSA Week 5 was not much to photograph, but it included 

Asparagus (Nichols Farm, Illinois)
Kale (Nichols)
Spinach (Nichols)
Spring Onions (Nichols)
Rhubarb (Nichols) - we took an extra bunch of kale instead so we could make spicy kale lasagna
Blueberries (California) 

Pictured below is CSA Week 6
Asparagus (Nichols Farm, Illinois)
Baby Turnips (Nichols)
Pea Tendrils (Nichols)
Thyme (Genesis Growers) - we took extra pluots instead
Rhubarb (Nichols)
Pluots (California) 

No comments:

Post a Comment