Monday, May 23, 2011

Rhubarb: Two ways

For those of you that have been following my blog and know me in real life, you're probably surprised by the lack of desserts. Here are two for you!

One of my favorite things about spring? RHUBARB! I fell in love with rhubarb after purchasing it from the farmer's market a few years ago. This strawberry rhubarb crumble is what made me smitten with this fruit (not a vegetable as declared per the New York courts in 1947). This is my favorite spring dessert: the rhubarb provides a tart contrast to the sweetness of the strawberries and sweet, crisp topping. Paired with a side of homemade vanilla ice cream, I am in spring heaven.
Given that Smitten Kitchen's crumble made me such a rhubarb fan, I knew I could count on her again when she recently posted these rhubarb muffins. I made these with a little ground flax seed and white whole wheat flour. If I make this again, I would add more rhubarb for a total of 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups. Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment